and this is...

FOR COLORED GIRLS WHO'VE CONSIDERED TRAVEL...WHEN THE U.S. WASN'T ENUF

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spotlight on the Microphone: 2

So...taking a short, short break from ranting about Spain ((and when I say short, you should know that I may not even take a break. Hell, I have three other blogs already lined up in my head and after this recent lag in posting, I can't be trusted to wait very long before updating)), I would like to take a moment to revisit my Spotlight on the Microphone.

In preparation of my departure, I have been on a quest to explore my own backyard. You know, check out local markets, go to landmarks that I put off because I knew I would be in this city for at least another decade, do intense artistic critiques on every scrap of graffiti that I come by, finally try juicing...lol

Well, in that vein, I would like to take a moment to highlight some of the amazing talent that I have been privileged to know during my stint in ATL. Insert: RED SUMMER.

Now this sistah is just downright fantastic. She is not only an amazing poet and actress, she is also a producer of ridiculously talented children and the only known person with access to the fountain of youth.

Sure, sure... I could go on and on about how much her poems have the ability to transport, how her prose are always rhythmical without being gimmicky, how she has managed to make imagery and alliteration her personal bitch. But I won't do any of those things....because some things are just too good to be minimized by putting them into words. Some things just need to be experienced...


And so, without further ado.... "Breathless" by Red Summer



Ok....ok!!!! You Are WELCOME!!!

She has just released her latest book of poetry entitled "Raw Sugar" and let me just tell you....it is wonderful!!!

For a copy of her book, information on her work, or just good 'ole cyber stalking (in a non-creepy won't-need-bail-money sort of way, of course) visit her site: http://theredsummerexperience.com/ . You won't regret it!!!

Hasta Pronto!!!
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment